The major objectives of the project are 1). To increase awareness of the sexual health issues faced by street and out-of-school slum youth and children 2). To increase the reach, influence and scope of the APSA-SHIP Children’s Toolkit (CTK) and NGO Training of Trainer’s (TOT) manual in South India.
They are looking for a new senior program officer to join their team!
Please apply by submitting a cover, a resume plus writing sample. Please make sure all three are included in your application package. For all inquires and resume submission, please email us at office@streetkids-SRH.org.
Deadline for applications is July 20th, 2009
- Build marketing and networking strategies for all the conferences that are planned by SHIP over the next two years.
- Implement and help strategize in building alliances between NGO partners, including facilitating mentorship responsibilities.
- Manage marketing of the SHIP publication materials (newsletter, publications, production information materials).
- Co-develop and co-write the APSA-SHIP Introductory Training Program.
- Help coordinate, organize and plan the regional consultations, training programs and the NGO staff planning meetings.
- Will be one of the master trainers of the program starting from the Introductory Training in 2010. Will be the master trainer for one round of preparatory trainings (3 multi-day trainings) in 2011 and for the introductory trainings in 2010 and 2011.
- Help to develop and write content for the SHIP yearly publication.
- Responsible for maintaining communication with the NGO partners on updates and reminders.
- At least 3 years (5 years preferred) experience in managing a highly challenging project.
- Must have excellent communication skills – both spoken and written
- Must have experience working with grassroots (street-children) NGOs and their staff in India
- Must have good professional English writing skills.
- Experience desired in areas of public health, sexual health, or sexuality. Some experience in providing health-related or sexuality-related trainings a plus.
- Experience desired in working with/for disadvantaged children or youth. Should have a good understanding of the (sexual) realities of street and out-of-school slum children.
- Must have a good understanding of youth sexuality/ teenage sexual development, and a good knowledge of sexual health issues.
- Spoken south regional language skills preferred (Kannada, Tamil and especially Telugu).
- Masters Degree (or equivalent degree) in a relevant field preferred.
- Requires excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Requires excellent “people” skills: able to deal with different stake-holders and team-members.
- Must be comfortable to discuss and work on sex and sexuality issues.
- Will be based in Bangalore.
- Some travel within India required.
A generous salary will be provided accordance to experience and qualifications.
For more information about this organisation, visit this link and for more information about this project, visit this link.