Search This Blog

Registration of a NGO under under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976 (FCRA)

Any Charitable Trust, Society, Company, desirous of receiving any foreign contribution from a foreign source, is required to obtain registration under section 6(1) of FCRA Any such association which is not registered or which has been denied registration, can receive foreign contribution only after obtaining prior permission from home ministry of the Central Government under section 6(1A) of the Act.

In order to obtain registration under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, (FCRA), the applicant association should preferably be incorporated as a legal entity, that is, as a Charitable Trust, Society, or a Company (u/s. 25) and should have been working for a period of at least three years. The association must not have received any foreign contribution earlier without prior permission of the Government.

Application for obtaining permission to accept foreign contribution or hospitality

Every individual, association, organization or other person, who is required by or under this Act to obtain the prior permission of the Central Government to accept any foreign contribution, or foreign hospitality, shall before the acceptance of any such contribution or hospitality, make an application for such permission to the Central Government in such form and in such manner as may prescribed.

If an application referred to in sub-section (1) is not disposed of within ninety days from the date of receipt of such application, the permission prayed for in such application shall, on the expiry of the said period of ninety days, be deemed to have been granted by the Central Government :

PROVIDED that, where in relation to an application, the Central Government has informed the applicant the special difficulties by reason of which his application cannot be disposed of within the said period of ninety days, such application shall not, until the expiry of a further period of thirty days, be deemed to have been granted by the Central Government.

An application for obtaining prior permission of the Central Government to –

a) receive foreign contribution under sub-section (1) of section 5, or clause (a) of sub-section (2) of that section, shall be made in Form FC-1;

aa) receive foreign contribution under proviso to sub-section (1) of section 6, or under sub-section (1A) of that section or clause (b) of section 10, shall be made in Form FC-1A.

b) accept foreign hospitality under section 9 or clause (d) of section 10, shall be made in Form FC-2.

Application for registrationAn application for registration of an association referred to in sub-section (1) of section 6 for acceptance of foreign contribution shall be made in Form FC-8.


Special thanks to: Karmayog

No comments:

Biodata, Resume and CV

Biodata, Resume and CV

Social Issues Headline Animator

Popular Posts

My Headlines


This blog is designed to provide and encourage access within the social work community to sources of current and comprehensive information. Therefore, itself places no restrictions on the use or distribution of the data contained therein.

Some web pages may provide links to other Internet sites for the convenience of users. is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these other Internet sites. Users cannot assume that the external sites will abide by the same Privacy Policy to which adheres. It is the responsibility of the user to examine the copyright and licensing restrictions of linked pages and to secure all necessary permissions.

- Indian Social Worker Team