REPORTING TO: President / Director
LOCATION: Mumbai, India
Silver Innings is a Social Entrepreneur organization dedicated for the cause of elderly and their family members. We are committed in ensuring that ageing becomes a positive, rewarding experience for all. On 10th April 2008 Silver Innings (SI) started off with a website www.silverinnings. com which contains comprehensive information for elderly and issues related to them. After the success of the website, Silver Inning Foundation an NGO was started initially to provide non-institutional services for the elderly.
Silver Inning Foundation (SIF) requires a full time Social Worker for managing services and projects that we are currently running and also planning to start. Trained Social Worker or person with experience in the social sector with passion to work for Senior Citizens need only apply. The person concerned should be interested and willing to work for the cause of the elderly. He or she should be Passionate, Progressive, Non materialistic, Self Starter, open to new ideas and Technology friendly.
The roles and responsibilities would include the following:
- Initiation and co-ordination of projects
- Conducting surveys
- Writing reports/proposals
- Conducting volunteers meetings
- Managing and coordinating with volunteers
- Representing SIF at various forums
- Handling dementia cases and other case work
- Handling Elder Abuse
- Attending conference/seminar
- Organizing/Conducti ng Workshop, Lecture, Talks
- Coordination with government authorities
- Handling CSR projects
- Networking with NGO’s and organizations
- Fund Raising
- Events and activities
- Operations and management skill
- Leadership skills and ability to manage and motivate team/teams
- Skills in Networking and Advocacy
- Good communication & representational skills.
- The incumbent must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 year full time stint.
- Patience and good listeners
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Willing to learn
- Open mind and progressive thinker
- Must be willing to travel any where in India
- Mumbai based candidates only
- Fluent in English, Marathi and Hindi Necessary
- Proposal and project report writing skill
- Ready to join immediately/ 15 days
- Fresh / 1 years experience
- BSW /MSW
- BA/MA Sociology / Psychology
Please note as SIF is startup organisation Salary will not be in five digits (will be from Rs.5,000/- to Rs.9,000/- p.m. depending on education,skill and experience) for at least one year and later it will be decided as per appraisal report and performance.
Interested individuals may please submit their CV, with a passport size photo ,Salary expectation and 3 references by only email to silverinnings@ gmail.com with the subject line indicating SW/PM-SIF. No phone calls in this regards will be accepted and application by post/courier will not be entertained. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The last date of receiving applications is 15th July 2009. Appointment will be preferably from 1st August 2009.